Tessa's Blog

My two best friends and I are extreme book nerds. Especially for YA books. Since we are viewed as weird in the real world, we decided to go to the Internet, where everyone is weird. It has been going pretty well. Our original blog is Crazy for YA

Immortal Beloved

Immortal Beloved  - Cate Tiernan Have you ever wondered what it would be like to never die? Let me tell you that it isn't all charm and happy endings.
Nastasya (Nasty for short) is immortal, but she is tired of it. Living for hundreds of years is exhausting! She decides to lay low for a couple decades, but she quickly runs into the wrong crowd. She spends her days drinking, partying, and just being a spoiled rich girl. This all changes when her best friend for the past hundred years tortures a human. Nasty realizes that she needs to get help now. She goes into rehab for immortals at a secluded farm in Massachusetts. Living a farm girl life is harder than Nasty expected, especially when you live with a guy who acts (and looks like) a Norse god. But no one expected what would happen when Nasty's past catches up with her.
I know this book isn't widely known, but it should be! It showed that life isn't all rainbows and lollipops. This book was raw, and that made me love the characters even more. Nasty made one of the most impressive personality changes that I have ever read. She changed from a snotty party girl to a genuinely caring person. Tiernan slowly gave us the story of Nasty's past in a way that left me infuriated and hungry for more. She emphasizes how important the past is, even if it isn't pretty. There is also a romance that is somewhat predictable, but still swoon-worthy. Overall, I give this book 4.5 stars. The next book in the series is Darkness Falls. It is definitely a good sequel, but that is all I am going to say.
This review and many others are posted on my blog, Crazy for YA