Tessa's Blog

My two best friends and I are extreme book nerds. Especially for YA books. Since we are viewed as weird in the real world, we decided to go to the Internet, where everyone is weird. It has been going pretty well. Our original blog is Crazy for YA

Hex Hall

Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins Welcome to the world of powerful (and not so powerful) witches, cute warlocks, vain faeries, shapeshifters (not the same as werewolves), vampires, and Sophie Mercer.

Sophie Mercer is a witch with a problem controlling her powers. She uses her powers for good, but something always goes wrong. On her prom night, Sophie misuses her magic for the last time. The Council (a lot like it sounds) sends her to Hecate Hall, a juvie for Prodigium (all magical people). Sophie has a tough first day, which involves getting attacked by a werewolf, meeting a real live (maybe not so alive) vampire, and forming a crush on the unattainable, yet totally attractive warlock Archer. Not to mention that her new roommate is the only vampire at Hecate Hall (Hex Hall for short) and the most hated person there.

Sophie learns that Hex Hall's past isn't pretty. There is the mystery of the dead students that Sophie's roommate is blamed for. Sophie is tortured by a coven of dark witches, which just happens to be headed by Archer's girlfriend. Hate at first sight. Sophie must learn everything she can about Hex Hall, Prodigium, and herself to stop the madness at Hex Hall.

I love this book! I give it four stars! There is only a few things I didn't like about the book, such as Archer's name. I would've liked something more modern. I also thought Sophie was a little immature, I mean she is supposed to be 16! Besides his name, I love Archer, and my opinion didn't change anytime in the book (You will know what I mean when you read the book). The end kinda surprised me, but I guess it was supposed to be obvious. Oh well.
This review and many others are posted on my blog, Crazy for YA