Tessa's Blog

My two best friends and I are extreme book nerds. Especially for YA books. Since we are viewed as weird in the real world, we decided to go to the Internet, where everyone is weird. It has been going pretty well. Our original blog is Crazy for YA

The Name of This Book Is Secret

The Name of This Book Is Secret - Pseudonymous Bosch, Gilbert Ford This book is was created for a middle school audience, but the riddles and mysteries in this series can be enjoyed by any YA lover.
*WARNING*
The only thing worse than not knowing a secret is knowing a secret.
Cass and Max are unlikely friends, but they both have one thing in common-they love mysteries. When they discover a "dead" magician's journal they are swept up in a mystery of epic portion. Something is stolen, and they must get it back, for the world depends on it. They encounter crazy carnies, a Symphony of Smells, a blind dog, and a secret society hunting for immortality. Their lives are constantly in danger, and yours will be too, because you can never forget a secret.
I love this author. And for those of you who don't know, a pseudonym is a false name (see author's name). He thinks of riddles and complications that I would never have expected from a middle school book. This book kept me thinking and wondering. What is more intriguing than a secret? His footnotes are enteraining and informational. It is the perfect combination of logic, magic, and mystery. The best word to describe this book would be quirky.
I give this book five stars!
This review and many others are posted on my blog, Crazy for YA