Tessa's Blog

My two best friends and I are extreme book nerds. Especially for YA books. Since we are viewed as weird in the real world, we decided to go to the Internet, where everyone is weird. It has been going pretty well. Our original blog is Crazy for YA

Firelight

Firelight - Sophie Jordan Jacinda is a draki. That means that she is part human and part dragon. When she breaks an ancient rule, a mysterious stranger saves her. She may be safe, but she faces punishment from the rest of her kind. Jacinda leaves with her family to avoid the wrath of the leaders. She meets her savior, but she can't even talk to him. He is a draki-hunter--trained his whole life to kill Jacinda's people--but being with Will makes Jacinda remember what it is like to be free. She cannot resist, and neither can he. Leaving him will kill her, but so will staying with him.
I really liked this book. Most books with star-crossed lovers are very predictable. This one is no exception, but how can you resist dragons? This couple is different. They aren't all lovey dovey right after they meet. There are actually a lot of awkward things between them.
I know I say this about a lot of books, but I love this cover. (I am attracted to books with pretty colors.)
This is the first book in the trilogy. The second book is Vanish, and the third one (which just came out) is Hidden.
This review and many others are posted on my blog, Crazy for YA