Tessa's Blog

My two best friends and I are extreme book nerds. Especially for YA books. Since we are viewed as weird in the real world, we decided to go to the Internet, where everyone is weird. It has been going pretty well. Our original blog is Crazy for YA

Wings

Wings - Aprilynne Pike Laurel is a faerie.
She doen't know this until a huge flower sprouts out of her back, but she has always been a little bit weird. She is a vegan, she doesn't have to wash her hair, and she was a basket baby. But she never expected to be this weird.
Laurel just started public school after being homeschooled in a small town for all of her life. The first person she happens to meet is a boy, who to no one's surprise turns out to be the love interest. He (David) just happens to be a science nerd and knows everything about biology. David tries to help Laurel with her "problem".
Laurel also meets a male faerie, and a love triangle is born. While all this is happening trolls are planning the downfall of the human (and faerie) world.
I really liked this book, but really liking isn't the same as loving. I am a sucker for anything that involves faeries, and this book wasn't an exception. I would only change a couple of things. I think Laurel accepts that she is a faerie too quickly. If I woke up with a huge flower growing out of my back someone was going to pay. I also don't understand how you can hide a flower growing out of your back. But I really loved other scenes, like the river scene (you will understand when you read the book).
I give this book 3.5 stars.
This review and many others are posted on my blog, Crazy for YA